Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hi there!

Nice to meet you!

I have a feeling if you’re reading this, you either stumbled upon it somehow or you know me. If you know me, you probably already know that my name is Renee and I’m married to a wonderful man named John. You probably also know that I’m a cat person and that I enjoy being “crafty”. What you might not know is that until recently I’ve felt sort of disconnected from something – something I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

It’s not that I wasn’t happy – I have a wonderful life. There just seemed to be something missing. I realized it was God. I was missing the peace of a personal relationship with God – one I hadn’t felt since I stopped going to church. That is when I decided that it was time for us as a family to find a church we felt comfortable in. I finally think I might have found it!

I went to Reston Bible Church with my dear friend Maggie (Thanks Mags!) and I feltso at home. I got the message I needed to hear and felt the peace I was longing to feel. It was wonderful! I can’t wait to go back again. Some of my friends don’t believe in God… and that has always made me feel like my beliefs were something I needed to hide… I don’t feel that way anymore.

So that’s partly what this blog is about. I’m going to be honest and forthright and examine who I am and who I want to be. I’m going to try to be positive and learn how to stop complaining and just enjoy my life and all it’s blessings. I’m very excited! So, if you want to be that fly on my wall, feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment